- 8 ounces Snyder's Snaps Pretzels
- 1 C Butter
- 1 C Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 C Milk Chocolate Chips
- Sea Salt (optional)
Time: 20 min. + time to cool and setYield: 1 large cookie sheet full
Recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lay aluminum foil on a baking sheet
3. Line with pretzels (see above).
4. Toss 1 cup butter and 1 cup packed brown sugar into a medium-sized sauce pan. Bring it to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally to make sure everything is blending together nicely.
5. Once you have a rolling boil going, keep the heat at medium and stop stirring. Let it bubble away for 3 minutes.
If it looks like the steps in the picture below, you're on the right track!
6. Pour over pretzels right away and spread.
7. Bake for 5 minutes. It should look like the picture to the right after it's done! :)
8. Take out of the oven, immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let sit for 3 minutes.
9. Spread chocolate over entire surface. Add sea salt if you so desire! :)
10. Cool. I let mine sit in the refrigerator for at least a few hours, or overnight.
Look at those yummy layers!
**What I changed in the Recipe:
In the original recipe they used regular pretzel-shaped pretzels and crushed them down. Me (wanting to save time and not have to deal with crumbs) went with Snyder's Snaps Pretzels instead. No need to crush and they fit evenly in rows on the pan. I also used Milk Chocolate Chips instead of Semi-sweet.
Alright, now that you have this recipe, be careful!
Don't say I didn't warn you! :)
Many blessings to you sweet friends,